Growth Mindset

 I have never heard of Carol Dweck or the Growth Mindset she talks about. I personally disagree with her thoughts that when things are easy you don't learn as much and you probably already knew the topic already. While this could certainly be true with strictly knowledge based facts or the like, but with skills you are continually refining them throughout your entire life. Say you start wood working, in the first year you would learn a lot through the many hardships you will endure. But forty years down the road, woodworking has become easy as you have become a "Master". This doesn't mean you just magically stop learning new practices, improving skills, or seeking to better yourself in the field. Sure you could stagnate after awhile when things get easy, but at that point it comes down to a personal level that you have the drive and passion to continue to hone your trade, skill, or knowledge.

    I have found that the things I dislike or have a hard time with I actually end up learning more from because I have to work harder to achieve the goals. To balance this for things that I have a natural talent for, such as programing, I usually seek to go much farther than the requirements so that I can continue to learn more.

    I am most excited about my MIS field project, it will be a chance to showcase my skills to my peers and the professional community. It will allow me to use all the skills I gathered through college, and grow my teamwork and social skills. 

A struggling cat with an inspirational quote
Growth Mindset Blog



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to DK, Drift King

Week 7 Story: The Eyes Deceive