Feedback Thoughts

    Feedback is something that everyone has a difficult time with, some have an even harder time with it. I would say I have a harder time with it than most. On things that I know how to do like academic work, programming, video games I have an easy time with because it comes natural to me. But for things like social relationships, I struggle at so I don't do it, essentially shutting my self away, which only serves to make the situation worse. This defense mechanism is something I try to work to overcome. 

    The article Why Rejection Hurts talks about the need to eliminate self criticism as it only furthers the hurt created by rejection. Also, most rejections aren't in spite of you personally, they are just by chance or because the puzzle pieces didn't fall into place correctly. You can overcome this rejection by reaffirming to your self of the quality traits and skills that you do have.

    Something else we commonly do when we receive negative feedback is rejecting it as if it is nonsense or that the person didn't know what they are talking about. The article says that we have to believe that everyone is acting in good faith, and not just to make you look bad. Many people offer negative feedback as a way for you to grow and to learn from your mistakes, instead of being stuck in a loop.


Positive Words of Reinforcement Go A Long Way
Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to DK, Drift King

Week 7 Story: The Eyes Deceive