Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 The commenting in this class is a mixed bag. Sometimes I get nonsense comments and other times I get detailed comments that help me develop as a writer. I find the comments most useful contain detailed information about what they did or didn't like, and how it specifically made the story better in the readers eyes. As far as comments I leave, I do try to do my best but sometimes with what I'm given I cant do a great job. Whether it is an uninteresting or to short of a story, these things limit my commenting ability so that I am forced to leave almost gibberish. On the stories that have sufficient content the feedback strategies definitely help. They help me focus in on what I specifically like or didn't like in a story and explain why. 

As for the sense of community, this is just like social media. The comments I receive on my stories and post do bring a sense of happiness for a quick moment, but these quickly fade leaving you wanting more. I do not get a sense of building relationships with others, but that is just me. Looking forward, I would like to see others, including myself, read the story carefully, because it is devastating to read in the comments about how the reader became lost, plot or detail, in the story. Only to comment about that not knowing it is already in the story.

I chose this image because it is important as a reader and as a writer to be surprised. To hear others perspectives that surprise me enable me to grow.
Source


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to DK, Drift King

Week 7 Story: The Eyes Deceive