Week 8 Reading and Writing

I am pretty happy overall with how my story writings have turned out both in my project and weekly assignments. I think I have developed as a writer throughout the semester, with each one of my stories using more unique writing techniques. I am most proud of my project stories, as this is where I really tried my hardest to develop a unique story that excites and draws the reader in. My favorite reading so far has probably been the three roses story, as a story it is a really simple concept. But as I have read classmates rewritings of this I'm amazed at how different and unique each one can become, while still maintaining the same plot and story devices as the original. As far as reading notes go, I do not usually reread them as I write my stories. This is because with writing reading notes, I am able to retain the stories/plots better than if you just read them.

Horus, Osiris, and Isis
Source

I chose this photo because I admire it in many ways. I like it as an artist because it has exquisite craftsmanship, and it is made out of gold. I liked it as a reader because it gave me an idea of what some Egyptian gods looked like, as well as king Osiris. This representation of who I was reading about helped me envision each scene as I was reading.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to DK, Drift King

Week 7 Story: The Eyes Deceive