Week 10 Story: Ricky and Lahey

There was once a world made only of water, with no land in sight. The only thing sticking out above the horizon was a coconut tree. There was two gods who ruled the ocean, Ricky and Lahey. These two gods were not the smartest of gods. Ricky was an underachiever, and Lahey was a alcoholic. They both wished for something more to life than sitting atop a tree. They wished for a land they could walk over, and other living beings to harass. So first they created a single wide trailer for them to live in. With no surprise, it plopped into the ocean and began to sink. "You fricking... idiot! Land, you got create land first." said Lahey. Ricky responded, "Hey, I only have my grade nine. So if you make another comment about my intelligence I will smash one of your bear bottles over your head." So Ricky created many birds to help with the creation, but also lots of nonsense in which he took great pleasure. He created seagulls, for the purpose of annoying anyone with the name Lahey. He created pigeons so that one day he could use them to fly weed to customers. He went on to create many other birds for various messed up reasons. Finally getting back to the original desire of land, Ricky created ducks. Duck dove down to the bottom of the ocean to gather mud, and each time Ricky created new lands. After he was done Ricky created the perfect place to raise a family, a place called Sunnyvale Trailer Park. He asked Lahey to help him layout the trailer park. Lahey created each individual plot, complete with utilities and hook ups. He also made his plot the best one, the only plot in the whole place with enough room for a double wide. Ricky was very angry at this, so he charged Lahey with being the supervisor of the park. This was a terrible job, so Lahey created the first human, Randy, to do it for him.

Ricky in an attempt to get his grade 10, in which he failed.
Pinterest

This story is roughly based on the story of Hawk and Crow creating the world. My story does follow some of the same plot line as the original. Both stories start on a world only filled with water in which they create existence out of mud from the bottom of the ocean. My story instead uses the characters Ricky and Lahey from The Trailer Park Boys to throw some comedy in there. I tried my best to put in there usual behaviors and talk, along with their constant bickering. 

Myths and Legends of California and the Old Southwest by Judson Books

Comments

  1. Very clever story! I recognized Ricky and Lahey right off the bat and think it is entertaining that you kept their same personalities while still calling them gods. In the past few units I have read many stories dealing with the creation of the world, but this one I found great because it is more casual than mythical, not sure if that is what you were going for or not but I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this story! It’s a nice change of pace to see a more lighthearted story like this one. The banter between Lahey and Ricky is great. I like how Ricky created seagulls specifically to mess with Lahey. Honestly, if I had the powers of creation I might do that too if someone made me mad. The trailer park being their creation is so funny! It makes me think of a big planet with just a small island filled with trailers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to DK, Drift King

Week 7 Story: The Eyes Deceive